Never have I seen curls untangled or a buttery smooth that looks like Anne Hathaway’s from Princess Diaries! Well, lucky for you, we are here to change that! When you lose your commitment to your haircare regimen, the environment strips your strands of moisture and protective oils. It exposes them to the compromising attributes of that humid wind, styling wand, heating irons, and UV rays. So, what will be the attributes of the best moisturizer for 4c hair?
On top of that, think you are out for the day to enjoy a relaxing day at the pool. Just when you are busy basking in the sun, you remember you are without your scarf! It is just a matter of time before your bushy zig-zag curls look dead and dehydrated. No worries, we have got this!
Curls come in different shapes and textures. It is essential to understand which ones you possess, which will decide your haircare regimen accordingly. The moisturizer you choose can make all the difference sometimes. It will be wither a friend to your thirsty curls or a foe. If you had 4C hair that felt rough and coarse all your life, then you haven’t done them justice!
We have put together some wallet-friendly, lightweight, and curl-replenishing formulas that claim to save your hair from all inconveniences and give you an eye-catching styling. Let your curly volume reach new heights with these 11 unapologetic edits that scream full-bodied vacation curls from rooftops!
- 1 11 Best Moisturizer For 4C Hair
- 1.1 Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
- 1.2 Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Coil Sculpting Custard
- 1.3 Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade, Moisturizing with Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter
- 1.4 tgin Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer
- 1.5 Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Hydrating Curl Smoothie
- 1.6 Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream with Shea Butter
- 1.7 Aunt Jackie’s Flaxseed Recipes Seal It Up Hair Hydrating Sealing Butter
- 1.8 Carol’s Daughter Coco Creme Coil Enhancing Moisture Butter for Very Dry Hair
- 1.9 As I Am Double Butter Cream
- 1.10 Design Essentials Rosemary & Mint Stimulating Super Moisturizing Conditioner
- 1.11 Camille Rose Curlaide Moisture Butter
- 2 FAQs | Best Moisturizer For 4C Hair
- 3 Closure
11 Best Moisturizer For 4C Hair
Heat protectants won’t be enough this season, for your twisty curls are craving extra hydration. But you don’t have to tie and hide them back into a braid just yet. It’s time you let them loose and allow their flawlessness to unfurl! Rounded below are some of the Best Moisturizer For 4C Hair 2022, which you will regret skipping! So, are you ready to do some exploring? Because we are definitely in the mood to show off!
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
Shea Moisture has a range specially crafted for curly hair. Infused with certified organic shea butter, this product has all the ingredients your curls will love after a tiring period of being damaged and lifeless. Pamper your kinky, curly, and wavy locks in this conditioning formula. For the styling, milk locks the combined goodness of Coconut Oil, Neem Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, and Shea Butter in your hair and leaves you fawning over your silky-soft tresses.
This go-to curl activator has garnered a lot of love and affection from users who have 4C hair and would love to spoil their hair to get some envious and lustrous curls. Hibiscus flower acts as a natural emollient and replaces frizz with a velvety finish and shine. Like you, the formula is clean and free from nasties like sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and other skin irritants. So if you are looking for some hair-glow-up, a sesh with this beauty is a must!
- Protects hair against damage
- Minimizes chances of breakage
- Adds more definition to thick curls
- Infuses a natural bounce in your locks
- Eliminates frizziness
- Silk protein and neem oil make your hair soft and shiny
- Tames unruly hair by cutting down on brittleness
- Restores natural shine
- Deeply hydrates and reinvigorates
- It keeps tangles at bay
- Formulated with reviving ingredients like shea butter, aloe vera, carrot seed oil
- Free of any kind of nasties
- Cruelty-free composition
- It may not be suitable for people with oily scalp.
Mielle Organics Pomegranate & Honey Coil Sculpting Custard
If your hair struggles with dryness, it’s time you feed your locks with maximum nutrition. The Pomegranate & Honey Coil Sculpting Custard from Mielle Organics is all things wonderful when it comes to giving your coarse curls a deeply conditioning makeover. In addition to babassu oil, these nature-inspired ingredients amplify the health of your strands, reintroducing them with a lasting shine and moisturization.
It is the perfect high-maintenance kit in your vanity to give you luxurious curls that smell as tempting as sweet honey. The formula is suitable for low and high porosity levels, so anyone from 3A to 4C hair types can revel in its goodness. The procedure has detangling and hair-softening abilities, so you better treat your waves right this winter!
- Lightweight and whipped formula
- Binds curls with intense conditioning
- Rejuvenates strands from within
- Designed with pomegranate extracts and honey
- It suits 4C hair perfectly
- Moisturizes and enhances definition
- It prevents and helps with breakage
- Introduces spirals to a glossy shine that lasts
- It has a soothing scent of honey
- It contains nourishing essential oils
- All hair types can use it as well
- Effortlessly detangles
- Para amino benzoic acid-free, dairy free
- It leaves a certain amount of white residue behind, which causes flaking.
Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade, Moisturizing with Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter
Given the product’s pricing structure, you will be happy to know that it does live up to the hype and does justice to the 15k reviews it has attracted on Amazon. The citrus-scented shine pomade is a beautiful mixture of shea butter and cocoa butter and brings a lot of moisturization. It sets in action to deeply rejuvenate your 4C curls so that you get easily manageable hair and healthifying it.
The formula has three distinct undertones of scent, Shea, Cocoa, and Rosemary, which take the nature of the butter up a notch. Whether you have curl, kinky, or cropped curls, it seamlessly matches all types of hair density. The Carol’s Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey Shine Pomade also invites your lost shine and is devoid of harmful substances like minerals, paraben, and petrolatum.
- Lightweight gel formula
- Adds smoothness to edges
- It takes away unwanted frizz
- Accompanied by a breathtaking scent of shea, cocoa, and rosemary
- Supplies moisture to the hair and scalp
- Perfect for kinky, 4C type hair
- No silicones, parabens, petrolatum, mineral oil, artificial colors
- It does not weigh them down.
- The formula contains Nettles & Sage Leaf Extract.
- Softens your locks
- It provides strength to locks
- It feels a bit greasy and dries out hair.
- It takes time to blend and does not add shine.
tgin Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer
We don’t know about Friday, but Thank God It’s Natural! The brand TGIN has amassed popularity from many beauty experts who swear by its cost-effective moisturizing properties. The curl cream has two hero ingredients: vitamin E and shea butter, which give your dull hair a wake-up call and help eliminate all the unattractive dryness. It can also be used as a setting cream, so your curls will look more defined, voluminous, and fuller next time you are styling.
The formula accentuates softness, adds a luminous effect, and encourages a better blood flow to the scalp. This stimulates hair growth and pumps up your cuticles with nourishment. As the name suggests, it can be daily, so go on and pat down your wild and coarse hair right away!
- Economically priced
- Fights frizz and detangles instantly
- Moisturizes every inch of the strand
- Vitamin E oil promotes the growth of hair
- Stimulates better blood flow to the scalp
- Delivers rich hydration to coarse and dry curls
- It prevents fallout of hair
- Shea butter conditions and adds luster
- Smoothens hair cuticles
- It doesn’t make hair greasy or heavy
- Introduces softness and shine
- Tames your flyways gently
- Users can use it for styling as well
- It has hydrolyzed soy protein, so it may not be suitable for those possessing soy allergies.
Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Hydrating Curl Smoothie
You must have been drinking your smoothie all this time to remain healthy. It’s time you do the same for your hair! That’s right. The Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Hydrating Curl Smoothie claims to be a very significant way of bringing back your good hair days. The formula works on 100% aloe vera, coconut oil, plumeria extract, and papaya extract as its primary elements, which help seal all the moisture within and leave you with luscious curls that don’t have any signs of frizziness.
The formula is a sulfated surfactant-free and contains no toxic elements that may hamper your follicles. It is entirely vegan-based and offers an effortless way to style your brands whenever you desire. According to Best Moisturiser For 4C Hair Reddit reviews, users have loved this composition for its energizing feel.
- The creamy formula easily detangles
- It does not cause any build-up or feel heavy
- Chlorine Free, Paraben-free, Surfactant Free
- It possesses an exotic scent of coconut
- Replaces frizziness strands with smooth ones
- Pure coconut water helps elevate hydration
- Safe to use on color-treated hair
- Boosts natural thickness of curls
- It contains 100% aloe vera
- A rich blend of irresistible ingredients
- Vegan composition
- No synthetic dyes, ammonia, or mineral oil
- It can be used as a styling cream
- It leaves minimal residue.
Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream with Shea Butter
When there is talk of haircare, Cantu can’t stay far behind in making its presence known! The Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream with Shea Butter is all-new and improvised to match your hair porosity levels. Users reported that regular application of this butter helped them again be friends with their healthy curls. The nourishing cream provides deep conditioning and repairs strands from breakage by making them whole again.
This thirty-minute hair therapy is ideal for all curly hair types, be it type 2 or wavy, type 3 or curly, or even type 4 or coily. The formula has helped many in need to get effortless curls without any fuss of time-consuming and expensive salon treatments. This staple product for curls has been carefully designed, keeping in mind your needs, and it comes free of silicones.
- It contains pure shea butter and natural oils
- Moisturizes hair to the core
- Softens, hydrates, and smoothens
- No testing is done on animals
- It has no drying alcohol or silicones
- It makes your curls more manageable
- Reduces split ends
- Protects hair from future damage
- Heals damaged, dry, or coarse hair
- Safe for colored hair or perms
- Perfect for all kinds of coiled hair
- Suitable for daily use
- It wards of frizziness from strands
- Available at an easily affordable price
- The pack of 3 gives only 1 tub.
- Hair may feel a bit sticky.
Aunt Jackie’s Flaxseed Recipes Seal It Up Hair Hydrating Sealing Butter
Curled-up locks often endure too much, be it the stress of straighteners, blowout sessions, or other environmental damage. This keeps them top on the priority list to get your attention. Aunt Jackie’s Flaxseed Recipe claims to provide your hair with a dreamy dose of nurturing action that will make you repeatedly fall in love with your coils!
The butter features a hydrating formula that keeps your natural moisture locked and breathes life back into your hair. It cuts down on all the wildness and allows smooth, rhythmic curls to take over your volume. So if you are looking for an economical option to reset the look of your heavy coils, this butter from Aunt Jackie might be the secret answer to your prayers!
- It has the goodness of flaxseed, shea butter, avocado, castor oil, and honey.
- Infuses new life into damaged hair
- Compliments natural curls, coils, and waves
- It provides sufficient hydration for styling
- Offers protection against split ends
- Free of sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, and petrolatum
- Castor oil helps in reducing hair loss
- Omega fatty acids prevent shedding and thinning
- Adds softness to curls
- Tames flyaways
- It does not feel heavy
- Feels lightweight throughout
- The scent feels overpowering.
- It may cause hair to dry.
Carol’s Daughter Coco Creme Coil Enhancing Moisture Butter for Very Dry Hair
It is almost impossible to miss out on Carol’s Daughter’s products, especially when dealing with your delicate hair. The Carol’s Daughter, Coco Creme Coil Enhancing Moisture Butter for Very Dry Hair, shows another formula that has impressed fans with its consistency and exotic smell. The mixture contains coconut milk, oil, mango butter, and murumuru butter to restore your hair’s unbeatable glossy texture.
Murumuru butter is a knight-in-shining-armor for its lipid-rich skin barrier, which forms a strong layer of hydration and moisture around your hair, making it difficult for outside damage to penetrate. It helps calm down the curly texture of your hair and gives you silky curls to flaunt! Users all over the internet have been raving about its benefits, and now we know why!
- The formula is a buttery and creamy composition.
- It has an irresistible aroma of coconut, mango, and murumuru
- It makes curls touchably soft and supple
- Adds a long-lasting definition
- It contains sustainably sourced coconut oil
- Quenches the thirst for dry hair
- It helps tame unruly hair effortlessly
- Offers intense moisturization
- The perfect option for kinky, coily, wavy hair
- Paraben-free, Mineral oil-free, Artificial color-free, Petroleum-free, and Silicone-free
- It makes your curls more voluminous
- It leaves some white cast behind in the hair.
As I Am Double Butter Cream
Believe it or not, the As I Am Double Butter Cream is a holy grail product that acts as a shield for your hair against all the harsh effects it has ever faced. Having garnered almost over 6k reviews on Amazon, the formula of this cream reminds you of a satisfying cream made of the most refined butter and organic oils to give your strands the extra love and attention they need. The daily moisturizer heals your hair from within and wards off dangers like split ends and breakage.
It revamps the present curls and energizes your follicles with the goodness of panthenol or pro-vitamin B5. this ingredient has quite the reputation in the skincare business for retaining moisture and improving the texture of affected hair. Let this butter’s magic work into your strands, and see the difference for yourself!
- It is made of the most refined natural butter and organic oil
- Combats dryness like a pro
- Effectively locks in moisture
- Removes dryness
- It gives you soft, and lustrous curls
- Repairs and heals split ends
- Strengthens existing follicles and hair
- Infused with panthenol
- Replenishes dehydrated hair with nutrition
- A perfect option for 4C-type hair
- Enhances manageability
- You can also use it to set twist-outs
- It may not match well with a sensitive scalp.
- The formula does not add any substantial shine to your locks.
Design Essentials Rosemary & Mint Stimulating Super Moisturizing Conditioner
Feed your curls with some Design Essentials Rosemary & Mint Stimulating Super Moisturizing Conditioner, for they will thank you later! As revealed by the trusted reports of the Best Moisturizer For 4C Low Porosity Hair, this conditioner has made its place on the list with finesse! While peppermint helps to add freshness to the scalp, rosemary offers a purifying action and leaves you with softer curls.
The forgiving formula stimulates the scalp and wakes your hair follicles, promoting hefty growth. With this conditioner by your side, feel free to save your detangling time, as you will no more face that drama. You can once again return to your styling routine or take a run in the damp hair, and your coiled-up waves will still look healthy and shiny!
- It has not been tested on animals
- Reintroduces waves with ample moisture content
- Peppermint adds a calming effect to the scalp
- Removes any chance of irritation
- It makes hair soft and manageable
- Detangles and deeply conditions
- Revives hair follicles and promotes hair growth
- Free of alcohol, paraben, and sulfate
- Perfect to use for color-treated hair
- It gives hydration to compromised hair from harsh weather conditions
- This product is a bit more expensive than the other options.
- It is made of mineral oil.
Camille Rose Curlaide Moisture Butter
Maybe the best things in life are affordable, like the Camille Rose Curlaide Moisture Butter, which claims to give intense hydration to your worn-out locks and makes them new. Vitamin C and E are the two active ingredients present here, apart from aloe vera. Vitamin E has rich antioxidant properties which protect hair strands from splitting into two and ward off radical damage.
This ingredient has been hailed as an easy remedy to turn your curly hair into shiny and soft locks. The formula also helps pump up scalp circulation, increasing hair follicles and preventing hair loss. Get ready to bid goodbye to hair breakage and moisture loss; this butter takes care of it all.
- Green tea minimizes inflammation
- Jojoba oil offers ample moisturization
- It actively promotes the active growth of hair
- Blended with rich and nourishing ingredients
- Infused with a sweet scent of vanilla and macadamia
- Slippery elm extract to add smoothness
- Strengthens hair strands
- It brings in antiseptic properties
- Easily detangles hair
- It contains many reviving oils
- Perfect for 4C hair
- It causes residue if you use too much, making hair greasy upon touch.
- It may not be suitable for everyday usage.
FAQs | Best Moisturizer For 4C Hair
What moisturizer should I use for my 4C hair?
Suppose you want to nourish your curls and add a smoothie ouch to them. In that case, you might depend on affordable drugstore options like the tgin Butter Cream Daily Moisturizer, Carol’s Daughter Coco Creme Coil Enhancing Moisture Butter, and Cantu Leave-In Conditioning Repair Cream with Shea Butter, and the Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk. There are other moisturizers available for 4C hair as well that will condition your hair deeply.
How can I soften my 4C hair permanently?
Reports from users say that if you use a water-based moisturizer daily, your 4C hair will remain hydrated and will turn softer. Apart from the front, there are other options to get smooth hair, like gently stretching your hair, investing in a premium satin bonnet, and frequently giving your hair a deep doze of conditioning.
Should I moisturize my 4C hair everyday?
If you have been naturally blessed with kinky curls that are too difficult to budge, experts suggest that you should moisturize your hair once every two days of the week. This is because coarse-type hair has a rough texture and needs to be spritzed and laced with healing creams that will seal in the moisture for good and give you silky coils.
How can I rehydrate my 4C hair daily?
According to beauty guides, it has come to light that if you have 4C hair, you need more than a moisturizer to keep the frizziness at bay. Use a refresher spray, a good quality edge control, or a mistifying spray in your hair. This spray is a humble mixture or solution prepared with water and a moisturizing conditioner that suits your hair type best.
What is the best water-based moisturizer for 4c hair?
Water-based leave-in conditioners promise significant volume and definition to your curls without weighing them down. Mielle Organics White Peony Leave-in Conditioner, SheaMoisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Leave-in Conditioner, OBIA Naturals Curl Hydration Spray, Oyin Handmade Juices & Berries are some of the common choices people make while choosing themselves a water-based moisturizer for their kinky curls.
Hair Moisturizer For Women with afro puffs requires you to set your eyes on something that will emphasize the definition of your curls with maximum precision. This ultimate guide to Best Moisturizer For 4C Hair gorgeous kinks will be a piece of cake now! Why will you love them? Users have shared that these trusted hair care brands know it all and lay down a blueprint to give you the best curls of all seasons.
So if you want to reconcile your relationship with your ringlets, we suggest you embrace these handpicked nourishing and caregiving formulas, for they contain some of the most botanical ingredients with equally down-to-earth pricing. In the form of butter, creams, and lotions, they protect your spirals and let them shine in a full dolled-up mode so that you and your glossy curls never break up with each other!
My work says it all!