What are the main functions of using a primer? Should you use a primer every day? What kind of primer is efficient for daily use? How should you choose your primer differently? A primer is the first step and layer of every makeup schedule. Primer makes a perfect makeup base that allows your foundation to set and keeps your makeup stable for the day. Milk Hydro Grip Primer is one of the best primers out there. Everyone seems very happy with it. Although, it is more expensive than your regular primers. This is why users asked us to mention the best Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe, and here are some options.
What do you know about The Milk Hydro Grip Primer? Firstly, to mention that the primer is an award-winning primer. The Grip Primer is A 94% natural gel formula that smooths skin. The primer is effective in holding in your foundation for an entire day. But some people reported allergic reactions while others wanted a cheaper alternative. Thus, we have curated some best Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupes for your ease.
Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe | Finding Better Dupes
One of the prime functions of an ideal primer is to keep your foundation and not make you look patchy. The percentage of hydrating ingredients in the formula ensures the hydrating properties of the primer. It can lock in moisture and keep your face hydrated for almost 12 hours. The primer comes in milk hydro grip primer mini, full, and jumbo. Some of the main ingredients in the primer are blue agave extract, hyaluronic acid, hemp-derived cannabis seed extract, Vitamin B3, and aloe vera.
Hyaluronic acid and aloe vera is softening and deeply hydrating for your face. Blue agave extract has the unique power of forming an invisible layer to lock in your makeup. Users say they love the radiant and fresh feel after applying the primer. Their skin feels smooth, and more importantly, makeup lasts longer. The primer is vegan and clean, which means it is formulated without harmful ingredients. It is a gripping primer and goes well with all skin types.
Ideal Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupes
e.l.f Jelly Pop Dew Primer
It is unarguable that the e.l.f primer is already a crowd favorite. The brand has been famous for making affordable cosmetics products. Their products go easy on your pocket and work effectively. The primer does have a fantastic watermelon fragrance which can be overpowering for some users. We have to accept the color and the tube it comes in is cute. While the primer efficiently grips your makeup and makes it last longer, the ‘dewy finish’ is not proper to its claims. e.l.f jelly pop dew primer for oily skin works the best as reviews say users loved how their skin felt after layering the primer with their makeup.
It works sufficiently for dry skin, but women with oily skin rated it better. It spreads quickly on your skin making it the best Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe. The primer gives you a shiny and refreshing feel for your skin and provides light moisture while making your makeup look fresh. Many users have suggested using it as an everyday primer as this primer is not heavy and could be used regularly.
- Vegan product
- It feels light on your skin
- Glides on due to the gel texture
- Keeps your foundation in place for the entire day
- Watermelon scent pleasing for your nostrils
- It has an impressive ingredient list
- Affordable compared to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer
- You could use it daily
- Free from phthalates, parabens, and sulfates
- Cruelty-free product
- Adds shine and gloss to your face
- Best for oily skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- The smell is very overpowering for some people.
NYX Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer
The NYX primer is for sure the exact alternative for the Milk Hydro Grip Primer. Much like the other, this is also a water-based primer. It has a gel texture that feels light and provides good coverage. If you don’t want to use primer tubes, this primer could be for you as this comes in a tiny little jar. The jar might be convenient for some people. It feels smooth and soothing for your skin. Most users claim that their pores were less visible, and they blended well with their foundations.
It does not cause patchiness or pilling of makeup, and some key ingredients are glycerin, aloe vera, cucumber extract, and tocopherol. Glycerin and aloe vera are similar to the Milk Hydro Grip Primer. Glycerin, much like hyaluronic acid, is highly hydrating for your skin. Aloe vera is common to both. Cucumber extract is a substitute for blue agave extract in the original primer. The ingredient list is pretty similar, which is why this might be the best Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe.
- Convenient jelly texture
- Moisturized feel
- Provides smooth makeup application
- Evens out your skin tone
- Skin feels relaxed and hydrated
- It gives up to 8 hours of hydration
- Lightweight and refreshing feel
- Balances your skin
- Gripping primer
- Vegan formula
- Closest dupe for our original primer
- Cruelty-free product
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines, pores, and wrinkles
- Cheaper than the Milk Primer
- It leaves a more shiny appearance than expected
- It does not absorb well; we have to leave it on for 2-3 minutes
Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Mattifying H2O Gel Primer
Sephora has been delivering commendable products which are inexpensive and work well. It is a water-based gel formula that gives a soothing effect on your skin. The primer feels lightweight on your skin and creates a tacky layer on your face to set your foundation. The best thing about this foundation is that it gives a mattifying finish to your face.
Green tea extract contains antioxidants that can help mattify and balance your skin. Damask Rose extract is another ingredient that is a star ingredient. It has anti-aging benefits wherein it can reduce the appearance of visible signs of aging and has anti-inflammatory qualities. This is good for people who don’t like a shiny appearance on their skin. The primer gives your skin a matte look.
- A cooling and soothing primer
- It gives a matte look to your face
- Clean and efficient ingredients
- It helps minimize pores, wrinkles, fine lines, and other visible signs of aging
- Extends the wear of makeup
- It does not dry out your skin
- Lightweight gel-based formula
- The primer can stick to the dry patches on your skin
- Not very suitable for dry skin
- The primer is very heavily fragranced, which is not pleasing for most users
Wet N Wild Photo Focus Water Drop Primer
Add some sprinkles of the Wet N Wild Photo Focus Water Drop Primer on your canvas, as it acts like a wake-up call for your skin, bringing it out from its sleep into the freshness. A top pick of celebs offers a soft-focus finish that ensures your makeup stays nice for hours! Formulated with many star ingredients like hyaluronic acid, it supplies 60% of the water content to your worn-out skin cells to revive them from its lackluster. You also get the option to choose among the three different yet interesting fragrances.
So if you are someone who loves aromatic things in their beauty products, this primer is specially made for you, as it comes in varieties of rose, cucumber, and coconut. Experts note that the formula will significantly help everyone who wants to brighten their complexion and, at the same time, also feel grease-free!
- The cream-to-water formula blends effortlessly
- It conditions your skin deeply
- Keeps the moisture sealed in to provide softness
- It helps blur the appearance of enlarged pores
- Pumps up skin cells with hydration
- Available at a super-affordable price point
- Feels comfortable to wear all day long
- It contains hyaluronic acid, which adds smoothness to your skin texture
- It provides a sense of refreshment to your skin
- The formula is free of added fragrance, and gluten
- The product has n been tested on animals and vegan
- There are three different flavors in total available to choose from
- The formula may become a bit sticky on your face after some time.
NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Honey Dew Me Up Primer Face Makeup
Do you want them not to be able to take their eyes off you? Good for you. We found the Honey Dew Primer has been waiting to meet you for a long time! Enriched with many skin-loving ingredients like lavender, rose, collagen, hyaluronic acid, and honey, the primer features a pool of potent beautification qualities. While honey acts as a natural antiseptic to soothe irritation, the hints of humble gold fleck in the formula add an irresistible dewy glow, just like the Milk Hydro Grip Primer!
Users said the procedure felt so satisfyingly healthy and they could always rely on this baby, no matter what! The composition is vegan and has hyaluronic acid as another hero ingredient to accentuate your light makeup regime and twist things up. It doesn’t matter how and how you put it; your skin will look flawless and breathtaking at the end of the day.
- It leaves a sultry dewy finish
- Vegan composition
- It can be worn alone or even under foundation
- It offers sufficient hydration to your skin
- Certified by PETA
- The formula consists of light-reflecting gold flakes
- Honey extracts help calm your skin down
- It offers a satisfying soothing effect
- Collagen helps condition the skin
- The formula supports a healthy protective barrier
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- It consists of probiotics and hyaluronic acid to provide a smooth base
- The primer may not cover enlarged pores too well.
Good Molecules Silicone-Free Priming Moisturizer
As many beauty influencers suggest, you can start your makeup regimen the right way with the beloved Good Molecules Silicone-Free Priming Moisturizer. This refreshing alternative claims to do magic on your skin with its breathable texture that feels almost invisible on the skin.
The formula contains a rich blend of macadamia seed oil, shea butter, and vitamin E, the recipe pampering your skin with its splurge of antioxidants, which keeps your skin calm. Macadamia seed oil, along with shea butter, is solely devoted to nourishing your cells in a non-toxic manner. The primer helps blur your fine lines and brings your skin’s plumpiness into play!
- It provides a strong moisturizing effect on the skin
- Never been tested on animals
- It helps make skin texture smooth
- It feels very lightweight on the skin
- It adds a plump hint, hiding your fine lines
- It is infused with macadamia seed oil and shea butter, which offers ample hydration.
- The formula is rich in antioxidants which help calm down skin inflammation
- It is free of silicone so that it won’t clog pores
- It prevents breakouts in the skin
- Niacinamide helps brighten your canvas
- There are not many reviews about the product to ascertain its efficacy.
TOUCH IN SOL Primer Face Makeup
Living your days as a makeup expert and remaining unaware of this beauty is a sin! We are not saying it, but makeup enthusiasts are! As revealed by many trusted sources, the TOUCH IN SOL Primer Face Makeup poses as an ideal Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe, with qualities that mirror the original in specific ways. It creates a soft mattifying effect and stays unflinching throughout the day.
The weightless formula is designed with Paeonia albiflora (peony) flower extracts and hyaluronic acid, where the former acts as an incredible soothing agent. At the same time, the latter nourishes the skin and keeps it plump. There is no greasy after-feel, and it does not make your skin chalky. So if you want to invest in a good primer, this hydrating option is all yours!
- It helps in minimizing your pores without clogging them
- Repairs damaged skin by intensely moisturizing it just like Hydro Grip
- It provides a cooling sensation
- The formula contains healing hyaluronic acid and peony flowers
- It offers seamless coverage
- The packet of antioxidants helps protect the skin barrier
- It provides a radiant finish, which lasts for 24 hours
- The formula is free of silicones
- Perfect for all occasions
- It also helps in amping up skin elasticity
- The formula contains an added floral rose fragrance, which may upset some users’ skin if they possess sensitive or allergy-prone skin.
Makeup Revolution Glass Liquid Skin Primer
Have you heard about a glass skin primer? It is a Korean skin trend if you haven’t heard of it. It is a silky serum that replenishes and boosts skin. The primer can increase the radiance and shine of your skin and is regarded as the ideal Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe. It is famous for illuminating skin and creating a subtle radiance. Glycerin, mica, grape leaf extract, coconut fruit extract, and titanium dioxide are some of the main ingredients in the formula.
Grape leaf extract has antioxidant properties which increase your healing power. It also improves skin appearance, even out your skin tone. Titanium dioxide has sun-blocking properties as it does not let UVA and UVB rays penetrate your skin. Glycerin is hydrating and deeply moisturizing in the primer. Coconut fruit extract has moisturizing and hydrating benefits. Besides, it also prevents water loss from your skin. It is suitable for all skin types too.
- Vegan product
- Glowing and illuminating effect on the skin
- Replenishes and boosts skin radiance
- Silky serum, unlike thick primers
- Glass finish on your skin
- Hydrates and soothes skin
- A little goes a long way
- Long-lasting makeup holding abilities
- It isn’t greasy or tacky
- The best primer for dry skin
- Affordable and cheaper than the original
- The product is heavily fragranced and contains perfume
- Sensitive skinned females may react to it
Hard Candy Hydrating Grip Primer
Hard Candy has the same ingredients as the Milk Hydro Grip Primer, including blue agave extract and hyaluronic acid. Hard Candy is a relatively new brand, and the users are not ready to trust it yet. We want to find out why. We cannot find many reviews on the internet that can support their claims, but we have enough. It is a gel primer that has an intensely hydrating formula. Apart from the hyaluronic acid and blue agave extract, other ingredients include botanical plant extracts and niacinamide.
They have antioxidant benefits. Hard Candy Primer is smooth on your skin and has a gripping feel to it. Some people prefer this primer as the formulation is the same as the original primer, and it is much cheaper than the e.l.f primer. The primer is successful in diminishing pores, fine lines, and wrinkles. Their appearance looks minimized, and it has a light green tint and the exact gel texture as the original primer.
- Hydrating and moisturizing formula
- Minimizing the appearance of skin abnormalities
- It provides 12 hours makeup grip
- It makes a good makeup base
- Provides a gripping surface for your foundation
- It also makes makeup last long
- Phthalate and paraben-free
- It gently blends in your skin and is easy to apply
- Plumps the skin
- Best for all-day wear regularly
- Beautiful gel texture
- Cheaper than the original primer
- Hard candy ingredients are the same as the Milk Hydro Grip Primer
- An upcoming brand is undermined as their products are efficient
- The primer is very oily for some of the users
- It does not feel like the original despite having the same ingredients
Is Hard Candy a good primer?
Yes, Hard Candy is a good primer. It is incredibly refreshing and soothing for your skin. The formula is gripping and suitable for setting your makeup for the day.
XX Revolution Hydra Fixx Primer
It might be the first time you have heard of the brand, but it is good enough to be considered a Milk Hydro Grip Prime Dupe. The XX Revolution Primer is made to illuminate, mattify, hydrate, give radiance and blur out pores. This seems like all we’re looking for in a primer. It is from a brand that is Makeup Revolution’s sister brand. The primer has a gel texture similar to the original Milk Hydro Grip Primer. Users say that they feel it is very similar to the initial primer. The formula is a mix of active and passive ingredients.
Core ingredients on the list are witch hazel and pink clay. Witch hazel is soothing and irritation-free for your skin. It has anti-inflammatory qualities and removes excess oil from your skin. Pink clay improves skin elasticity and cell regeneration. It also improves skin tone and skin appearance. The lightweight gel feels very soothing and gives you a matte finish to your skin.
- Illuminates skin
- It brings back radiance and shines on your face
- Deeply hydrates and moisturizes your skin
- The primer blurs pores and other visible signs of aging
- It has a nice matte finish on your skin
- A vegan product
- Gel texture primer
- Sticky enough for setting your makeup and making it last longer
- It feels like the original because of its light touch on your skin
- It caused patchiness and makeup to build up after some time
- It does not minimize pores well
- The product contains perfume which is a solid reason to avoid it
Ulta Beauty Cool Committee Jelly Face Primer
The Ulta Beauty Primer could be considered the best Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe in the segment. It can give you a smooth and soft feel. The primer is highly moisturizing and hydrating for your skin. The core elements in the formula are different. They don’t sound similar to primer ingredients too. It is formulated without any harmful ingredients like parabens or sulfates.
The product is clean and formulated without parabens too. It has a cooling effect on your skin and a good grip on your skin. The main ingredients in the primer are green tea oil and rice milk powder. Green tea oil contains antioxidants and has anti-aging benefits like reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and aiding in skin tightening. It penetrates quickly in your skin and moisturizes your skin efficiently. Rice silk powder is a skin brightening agent which tightens skin too. It also has anti-aging benefits like improving the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and scars.
- Cruelty-free product
- Moisturizing and hydrating primer
- Reduces the appearance of pores, wrinkles, fine lines and has skin tightening benefits
- One impressive benefit is the super fast shipping
- It smells great
- Deeply cooling sensation
- Suitable for all skin types
- It blends well with your skin
- Results in a soft and smooth complexion
- An experienced brand that produces efficient products
- It makes foundation last all-day
- Some users say that it feels too shiny and oily on your skin
- It doesn’t glide on easily
- Users with sensitive skin have noticed redness
Note: Other ingredients include tocopherol, hyaluronic acid, cherry blossom, and aloe vera.
FAQs | Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe
Is Milk Hydro Grip Primer water or silicone-based?
The base for the milk hydro grip primer is water. It is a purely water-based primer. The water base explains the gel texture and the ease of application.
How long does Hydro Grip Primer last?
The Milk Hydro Grip Primer can last for 8-12 hours. It holds your makeup well and does not cause patchiness.
Which is the best Milk Hydro Grip Primer dupe?
After the rigorous research, we could conclude that the NYX Bare With Me Primer could be the perfect dupe for the original primer.
The Milk Hydro Grip Primer Dupe search was successful, and we could find efficient products which worked exactly like the original. We could find an affordable one which costs less and functions the same as the original one. A shiny and pore blurring primer is easy to use and efficient for daily use. The primer’s main job is to hold your foundation and blend well. It should last for a long time and give you a dewy finish. Hydrating and moisturizing qualities are similar to all the dupes.
I aim to help as many people I can with the knowledge & experience I hold in skincare & makeup. Watching friends & HIMYM is my guilty pleasure 😀