When we talk about skincare, it has not remained limited to just washing off the skin’s impurities and applying a moisturizer. It has gained much more pace than it used to have earlier. Skincare starts from understanding the skin’s needs and providing them with solutions in the form of products or treatments. And if the original skin is not bearing fruits be ready to welcome a new skin with the peel-off lotions. One such product from Obagi claims to bring in a more refined and retextured skin. But are these claims accurate? Let’s discuss it in this article with some genuine Obagi Blue Peel reviews.
A new skin after the peel is termed to be way more smooth and radiant than the original skin. Many individuals who are unsatisfied with the results of several products and treatments on their skin go for a peel. In this way, they welcome a new face with enhanced features. But is this lotion by Obagi healthy for our skin, and can it be counted in skincare products? Let’s find out.
- 1 Obagi Blue Peel Reviews | How Does It Work?
- 2 Customer Feedback | Obagi Blue Peel Before And After
- 3 FAQs | Obagi Blue Peel Reviews
- 4 Closure
Obagi Blue Peel Reviews | How Does It Work?
Obagi has become one of the most trusted brands in skincare products. Their chemical formulations are worth noticing. Obagi was formed in 1988 to make people happy in their own skin by correcting certain imperfections that their consumers find. Obagi brilliance triple acid blue peel is one such product that makes its users discover their new skin.
It is triple acid formulated peel-off lotion that helps get a better version of the old skin when applied to the skin. Once applied, it helps the old skin shed and peel off easily within 4 to 5 days. From beneath is recovered a youthful and radiant skin that is worth watching. Obagi Blue Peel is formulated with the help of certain acids, and the final product is delivered in the form of liquid. It must be applied on the face repeatedly to show the results thoroughly.
Key Ingredients of Obagi Blue Peel
- Salicylic acid- salicylic acid has many benefits for the skin and scalp. It helps treat mild to moderate acne and redness, and inflammation. Moreover, it plays a significant role in shedding dead skin cells from the top layer.
- Lactic acid- one name behind every anti-wrinkle formula contains lactic acid. It plays a vital role in treating hyperpigmentation and age spots. Moreover, it removes those factors contributing to dry and dull skin.
- Glycolic acid- glycolic acid is a water-soluble acid made of sugarcane. Glycolic acid boosts collagen production, making the skin firm and plum, also improving elasticity. It improves skin texture, brightens complexion, and improves aging effects.
Procedure to apply
Step 1- Cleanse the face thoroughly to remove the dust and impurities.
Step 2- Clean the face and pat dry it. Make sure not to apply it on wet skin.
Step 3- Apply petroleum jelly with the cotton bud’s help on the sensitive skin areas. These can be around the eyes and lips.
Step 4- To ensure it doesn’t harm the skin, do a patch test with the product by applying it behind your ear, where the skin is pretty sensitive.
Step 5- Once the results are satisfactory, damp a cotton pad in the liquid and apply it to the face in a predetermined motion.
Step 6- Leave on for 10 minutes after application of the first layer. If the first layer is tolerable, apply the second layer. In case of the experience of a burning sensation, a fan can be used to provide relief.
Step 7- 2 to 3 layers of the product can be applied after the process is complete; use a damp towel to rinse with water.
Step 8- cleanse the face and pat dry it. To relieve the skin from redness and irritation, antioxidants like vitamin A or vitamin C serum can be used on the face.
Step 9- Apply a moisturizer and a sunscreen with higher SPF to avoid any harm to the skin.
- Avoid heat like saunas, steam rooms, and heavy exercises for about 24 to 48 hours of the treatment.
- Avoid using harsh products on the skin for about 5 to 7 days after the treatment.
- Always keep your skin moisturized.
- The new skin is super sensitive to the skin; don’t forget to apply sunscreen whenever you are in the sun.
- Removes dead skin cells
- Simulate the production of new cells
- Resurfaces the skin
- Exfoliates and smoothens the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Retexturize the skin
- It brings out the radiant glow and a more youthful complexion
- Releases the congestion in the pores
- Exfoliates the skin
- Removes aging effects
- Fades away the scars, and the sun damage
- Pretty pricey
- 15% to 20% of TCA is very harsh on the skin
- No natural treatment
- It can cause redness and burn on the skin
Customer Feedback | Obagi Blue Peel Before And After
Issac says, “Obagi brilliance triple avid blue peel, commonly known as Obagi Blue Peel is an amazing product with many advantages. Earlier I used only lactic acid peels, which don’t show as many effects as this triple acid peel shows. Earlier I was terrified to use it, but ultimately I am thrilled with the results. It has caused redness and burning sensation during its application which isn’t on an extreme level and can be easily relieved. Moreover, the peel takes place 4 to 5 days after the treatment. Altogether it’s a pretty good product.”
Obagi Blue Peel Reddit Reviews
Lisa says, “Obagi Blue Brilliance Peel is amazing. It retextured the majority of my skin after two peels. My skin feels more youthful, radiant, and smooth. Although the results aren’t long-lasting, I found the product a bit pricey. However, I still recommend its use if the price is not a constraint.”
|Obagi Clinical Blue Brilliance Triple Acid Peel 4 Piece Kit (0.27 Fl Oz Per Vial)||Check Price|
FAQs | Obagi Blue Peel Reviews
How often can you do Obagi Blue Peel?
According to the doctor’s recommendation, you can quickly get 5 to 6 peels every six months without any stress from it harming the skin. However, since it contains 15 to 20% TCA, we recommend you to use it twice a year.
Does Obagi Blue Peel hurt?
It may or may not hurt depending on our skin type and the frequency of its use. However, many users have felt a burning sensation and irritation disputing its application. Moreover, it also caused redness on their face.
Is Obagi Blue Peel worth a purchase? According to our research, we recommend you to use it once. It incredibly affects your skin and brings back that youthful and radiant glow. The upper layer of the skin gets removed, and new and radiant skin is discovered. However, one needs to be extra careful with the aftercare it follows. The aftercare, if done nicely, can make its results last longer. Obagi has a number of excellent products such as their famous toner that makes people go for it without having second thoughts.
Price can be a concern, but it allows users to buy the product and pay using interest-free installments. One must also clearly understand the ingredients list to see if the ingredients suit them or not. The doctor must follow clear directions to make this product suit your skin better.
I aim to help as many people I can with the knowledge & experience I hold in skincare & makeup. Watching friends & HIMYM is my guilty pleasure 😀