Acne is one of the most common problems faced during puberty and afterward. The intensity might decrease in adults, but few exceptions face the opposite situations. Many developments from the past few decades in the clinical formulations gave birth to the products that treat acne from the roots. However, extreme acne conditions can only be treated by clinical treatments. The hype around a few products makes us even more curious to research them. One such product is Obagi Clenziderm. But is it worth the hype? Is it able to treat acne from the roots? Let’s discuss it in this article with some unbiased Obagi Clenziderm reviews.
Some of the causes of acne may be extreme sweating, clogged oil pores, hormonal changes, etc. Whatever the reason may be, acne is very painful and deteriorates the overall look of the face. Therefore, it becomes pretty necessary to be treated correctly. If not, the fatal look it takes will become even more disastrous. Few products are made with specified formulations to treat acne from its roots. Is Obagi clenziderm one of them? Let’s find out.
- 1 Obagi Clenziderm Reviews | The Best Acne Treatment So Far?
- 2 Customer Reviews | Obagi Clenziderm Before And After
- 3 FAQs | Obagi Clenziderm Reviews
- 4 Closure
Obagi Clenziderm Reviews | The Best Acne Treatment So Far?
Obagi was formed in 1988 to unleash our skin’s potential to revitalize, brighten, and even out our greatest asset. With more than 30 years of clinical experience and making a mark in this ever-competitive industry, Obagi gave birth to several products to cater to the different needs of our skin. The secret to youthful skin in the future lies in today’s skin care.
Obagi formulated various products to minimize the appearance of premature aging signs, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, etc. Their product line of Obagi clenziderm is specially designed to treat acne and acne spots. Obagi Clenziderm is a three-step process done with the help of three products to cure acne at its core. These are as follows.
Clenziderm M.D. Daily Care Foaming Cleanser
Before treating acne-prone skin, it is significant to cleanse it first. This daily care foaming cleanser is made with the goodness of salicylic acid to wash away the impurities and dead skin. One of the critical ingredients of this cleanser is salicylic acid. Incorporated with a 2% concentration in the solution, salicylic acid is an oil-soluble product that penetrates deep within different layers of the skin and unclogs the pores.
Moreover, it doesn’t cause any burns, and it is entirely safe to be used on the skin. Menthol, another significant ingredient, adds a cooling texture and makes the skin feel quite refreshed and awakened. However, it’s recommended to avoid excessive sun exposure after applying this. Even if it becomes necessary to go out in the sun, don’t go without applying sunscreen.
- Lightweight formula
- Easy to apply
- Reduces surface sebum levels
- Unclog pores
- Not too thick textured product
- Exfoliates the skin
- Removes dirt particles and impurities
- Suitable for both regular and oily skin
- The product formulation includes fragrance, which is detrimental for acne-prone skin.
Clenziderm M.D. Pore Therapy
Pore therapy is another step in the acne treatment regimen. It is a pore-refining toner made with 2% salicylic acid. Salicylic acid helps shed the dead skin cells by penetrating deep within the layers of the skin. Moreover, it decreases redness, inflammation, and pimple-causing bacteria, speeding healing.
Chamomilla Recutita flower extract, another significant toner ingredient, adds to the healing process and is a natural moisturizer. The root cause of acne is clogged pores with excess sebum. Pore therapy’s main objective is to work toward unclogging the pores and flushing off excess sebum from the face.
- Refreshing toner
- It provides a cooling effect on the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Removes acne-causing bacteria
- Washes away excess sebum
- It helps in getting rid of impurities and dirt from the face
- Fastens the healing process
- Cures redness and inflammation
- Helps prevent breakouts
- The product is formulated with an add-on fragrance
- Alcohol as an ingredient should be avoided in skincare products
Clenziderm M.D. Therapeutic Lotion
The therapeutic lotion is the last step in this process. It is a lotion uniquely formulated to help clear acne. It is made with the goodness of benzoyl peroxide and several other ingredients that cures acne of its roots. Benzoyl peroxide is used at a 5% concentration in the lotion which gets deep into the pores and different layers of the skin to tackle bacteria that causes inflammation.
Moreover, since the other two products contain salicylic acid, they may cause dryness on the face. Benzoyl peroxide hydrates the affected areas and keeps them itching-free. Sunscreen is always recommended to be used to protect the skin from sun exposure after this process.
- Suitable for all skin types
- It doesn’t cause stickiness
- Moisturizes the affected areas
- Hydrates the skin
- Reduces pimple-causing bacteria
- Cures inflammation and redness
- It is an antiseptic and antibacterial lotion
- Pretty pricey
- May bleach hair and dyed fabrics if not washed off thoroughly
Steps To Be Followed
- Step 1: Cleanse the face with an Obagi Clenziderm foaming cleanser. Massage it well on the face with your hands or with the help of a soft brush.
- Step 2: After 1 or 1.5 minutes, wash the face thoroughly and pat dry it well.
- Step 3: Cover up the entire affected areas of acne with Clenziderm M.D. Pore therapy with the help of a cotton pad.
- Step 4: Let it dry and apply the therapeutic lotion 1 to 2 times a day.
- Step 5: After absorbing therapeutic lotion to the skin, you can apply a good moisturizer. It is because the skin might feel dry because of salicylic acid.
- Step 6: Apply sunscreen to avoid any harm because of sun exposure.
Important Tip- in case of excessive dryness and peeling, one must reduce the application and consult the dermatologist.
What might also bother you is the price of the product? It is pretty high priced, but considering the benefit, it is a good investment for the future. Some of the pro-tips can be used to make the product even more beneficial for you.
- Pro-tip 1: It is recommended to use retinol alongside the products. Retinol helps improve the skin texture and reduce post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- Pro-tip 2: To see if the product suits your skin well, apply it under your ears as under-ear skin is quite sensitive and quickly reacts to unwanted substances.
Though everybody has a different skin type, it is always recommended to consult a doctor and check the ingredients list before purchasing the product.
Customer Reviews | Obagi Clenziderm Before And After
Lisa says, “I was never a big fan of skincare, but my acne made me one. To treat the acne on my face, I researched a lot of products and came across the Obagi Clenziderm product line. Initially, I was very hesitant to purchase, but I feel so happy today that I made that decision earlier. Obagi Clenziderm did a miracle on my face. It has reduced the pores on my face. My nose never felt so smooth before.
The cleanser removed all the dirt and make-up residues, and the therapeutic calmed down my irritated skin and relieved me from inflammation. One element that doesn’t go well is the dryness it caused on my face. But with the help of the moisturizer, it calmed down too.”
Steffi says, “I am in my early 40s, and I used to face hormonal acne now and then. Searching for so many solutions went in vain, but Obagi Clenziderm proved to be a product with extraordinary benefits. Within just one week of its use, my pimples disappeared considerably. Moreover, the pore therapy toner reduced the pore size and cured the redness. One thing that bothers me is the price of the product. Although it is a bit pricey, I feel it’s worth the purchase considering its benefits.”
You Might Like: Obagi Eye Cream Reviews │ Best Or Bogus Treatment?
FAQs | Obagi Clenziderm Reviews
How long does it take for Obagi Clenziderm to work?
There are no explicit claims regarding the time it will show the results. However, considering the reviews of its users, many people have felt a significant difference within just 1-2 weeks of its use.
Does Obagi Clenziderm help with blackheads?
Obagi Clenziderm product line is specially formulated to treat acne. Blackheads are open pores exposed to air. Whereas Obagi Clenziderm reduces the pore size, it can help in treating blackheads. However, there is no such apparent infection on the website regarding this.
Does Obagi Clenziderm work? We’re sure you have got an answer to this article after going through this article and reading these Obagi Clenziderm reviews. Obagi Clenziderm is an excellent product line with all three products up to the mark. All the products go pretty well with the skin and don’t cause any harm. However, changing the formulations to reduce the artificial fragrance and alcohol will make the products even better.