Putting on makeup can be considered the easiest step, but makeup removal can be challenging. Removing makeup can be tedious because you tend to be very hard on your skin. Often, women don’t know how to remove makeup properly and tend to damage their skin unknowingly. Generally, we use micellar water or other makeup removers for cleansing our makeup.
We don’t think much about buying these products as they get off makeup fast. This is the main reason why we need to think about using natural makeup removers. Natural ways are always more healthy and sustainable. One of the best natural ways of getting your makeup off with natural resources is coconut oil for makeup removal.
Coconut oil has many uses for your body and benefits you in every way. Most of the customers are okay with coconut oil and don’t have any allergic reactions to it.
- 1 Coconut Oil for Makeup Removal | Is it the best makeup removal natural ingredient?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Takeaway
Coconut Oil for Makeup Removal | Is it the best makeup removal natural ingredient?
Coconut oil can be treated as one of the most readily available ingredients. There are implications that coconut oil is not good if consumed orally or applied to your skin. However, coconut oil is antibacterial for your skin and moisturizes your skin. Many natural oils can take off makeup, but coconut oil seems the most appropriate. Coconut oil does not have an overall extracting process, and you can get good quality coconut oil available in stores and online.
Using micellar water and other makeup removal products can have harsh effects on your skin that you don’t know about. We often opt for quick and easy ways to do things only to find out that they affect our skin health adversely. If you switch to coconut oil as your makeup remover, you will never regret the decision.
Disadvantages of using synthetic makeup removers
Many products can be used as a makeup remover. There are makeup remover wipes, micellar water, and many other kinds. These are the reasons why we should stop using these synthetic techniques and shift to natural ways.
- Natural Oil: Makeup remover wipes or makeup removers can strip the natural oil off your skin. In the process of removing your makeup, it can cleanse your skin from the natural oil that acts as a lubricant. As we know makeup products such as a waterproof mascara takes longer that usual to get off. Be it clothes or lashes, mascara removal becomes quite difficult, but using a harsh chemical can only damage your skin.
- Residue: Whenever we use these products, the makeup comes right off. This is not because of any secret ingredient but the chemicals in the wipes. They break down your makeup layers and cleanse the makeup. However, nobody talks about the residue that they leave. Even if they cleanse the makeup off your face, they leave a chemical residue on your face.
- Sensitive for Eyes: Makeup remover wipes or makeup remover solutions cannot be used to remove eye makeup. The skin around your eyes is susceptible, and your eye should not be exposed to the harsh chemicals in these products. Hence, you should not use these products near or over your eyes.
- Further Harms Skin: We have a skincare regime after cleaning our makeup. However, when we use makeup remover wipes or other solutions, they reduce our skin’s ability to absorb anything we apply after it. Be it moisturizer or toner. Your skin loses its ability to absorb it.
- Dryness: As mentioned above, it can strip the skin of its natural moisture. This contributes to skin dryness and lack of water in your skin. This can visually damage your skin.
- Not Environment Friendly: Makeup wipes especially are not environmentally friendly. However expensive they are, they are not biodegradable. Using them is just like using pads; they will be on the planet forever.
How to use coconut oil for makeup removal?
Coconut oil is a natural resource that can easily be used as a makeup remover. These are the steps and ways in which it can be used.
- Using coconut oil for removing makeup is the easiest thing. You must take the desired amount of coconut oil to your palms and apply it to your face.
- Now start rubbing gently and spreading the coconut oil to your face.
- It will slowly start melting your makeup.
- Spend a good 5 mins on heavy makeup areas, and make sure you gently rub your whole face.
- After this, wash your face with water and pat your face dry.
- You will be amazed at the makeup removal success rate of coconut oil.
Positives of using coconut oil for makeup removal
We established how we need to use coconut oil to remove our makeup. Now let’s see what the benefits of doing the same are.
- Affordable: Coconut oil is more affordable than other makeup remover wipes. It is readily available on amazon and in stores. It would be best if you always used cold-pressed coconut oil as it is the most effective. It is much cheaper than other products, and it comes in a reasonable quantity.
- Cleansing: Coconut oil is very cleansing for your face. It can remove all the dirt and makeup on your face easily. It does not stick to your face and leave a residue.
- Hydration: The oil provides an enormous amount of hydration to your face. It ensures that it locks in moisture in your face and does not strip off your natural oil. After cleansing your makeup, you don’t need your face to be dry. That is why the oil leaves a good amount of moisture in your skin, making it feel fresh and relaxed.
- Antimicrobial: It also has antimicrobial properties and does not promote the growth of dirt or anything else on your skin. It cleanses away any dirt or bacteria that are present on your skin.
- Great for sensitive skin: There are arguments that coconut oil may not be suitable for all skin types, but it works amazingly for sensitive skin. People with sensitive skin do not have to worry about applying coconut oil as it is mild and does not cause a reaction.
- Smell: One of the major plus points is that coconut oil smells great and has a sweet fragrance. It instantly reminds you of beaches and islands. It smells great, and you will want to put it on your face. This is different from the chemical smells of the wipes and the solutions.
- Usage: Coconut oil is cheap, affordable, and can be used for a long time as a little goes a long way. You don’t need to put a lot of oil on your face. 5-6 drops of it might be enough to cover your whole face.
- No help needed: Unlike other wipes and solutions, you don’t need the help of an applicant or a cotton pad to apply it. You can directly apply it to your skin and don’t need anything to remove it. Coconut oil is a one-person show and requires no assistance to apply or remove.
- Does not harm skin: From the above statements, we can understand that coconut oil does not damage your skin. It nourishes your skin and makes you feel very fresh after makeup removal.
Negatives of using coconut oil for makeup removal
- Slightly comedogenic: Some people have had breakouts and clogged pores because of using coconut oil. This can be because of too much oil or because their skin cannot tolerate the oily consistency. This can be an issue for some people, so you should test the oil before using it for the first time.
- Not compatible with all skin types: Coconut oil is not compatible with all skin types. Women having oily skin are not very comfortable using the oil for makeup removal. They say that it makes their skin feel oily and it does not have a pleasant touch to it later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best coconut oil for makeup remover?
Many packaged coconut oils are available online, but these are some of the best-rated oils.
- Majestic Pure Fractioned Coconut Oil
- Organic to Green Coco Oil
- PuroLeo Natural Fractioned Coconut Oil
Do you get coconut oil makeup remover wipes?
Yes, you can get coconut oil makeup remover wipes online, but that destroys the point we are trying to prove. If we use wipes, they have a chemical content that is not good for your skin and the environment. Always choose natural coconut oil for makeup removal as it costs less and does not make a mess of your makeup.
Can you use coconut oil to remove mascara?
Yes, you can use coconut oil to remove mascara. Don’t tug too hard on your lashes. Gently rub the oil on your lashes and keep it for 2-5 mins. The mascara will come right off your face whenever you wash your face.
What are the prime coconut oil makeup remover benefits?
Coconut oil can be used for makeup removal and has some core benefits.
- Hydrating for your skin.
- It makes the removal process much more manageable.
- It is environmentally friendly.
- The oil does not make your skin dry and harms your skin in any way.
Using coconut oil for makeup removal was a success. Coconut oil can be helpful in removing individual eyelash extentions, now, that is a win-win game. We think using natural products for your skin is always more beneficial than chemicals. It can be very soothing and moisturizing for your skin. If you believe that your skin is sensitive and coconut oil may cause a breakout, you should do a patch test and then use it for makeup removal. All in all, you can afford coconut oil, and the bottle will last you for a long time. It seems like a fair deal. When are you making a switch?
My work says it all!